The Truth—The Name of YHWH
The Truth has been hidden from you for many years. Who is God? Who is Lord? Many people do not know his name assuming that He is always called God or Lord means that it is His name. I will be making 4 points, one video per point. In order to understand the restoration of the 12 tribes of Israel, we need to know and understand the foundation and this means that we need to clear up some basic truths. The first one is knowing the real name of god/lord.
- 1. Name of YHWH has always been YHWH
- a. He spoke His name to Mosheh before he went to Egypt to free Israel from the Pharoah
i. Exo 3:15 And Elohim said further to Mosheh, “Thus you are to say to the children of Yisra’ĕl, ‘יהוה Elohim of your fathers, the Elohim of Aḇraham, the Elohim of Yitsḥaq, and the Elohim of Yaʽaqoḇ, has sent me to you. This is My Name forever, and this is My remembrance to all generations.’
- b. We are told to Love the name of YHWH
i. Isa 56:6 “Also the sons of the foreigner who join themselves to יהוה, to serve Him, and to love the Name of יהוה, to be His servants, all who guard the Sabbath, and not profane it, and hold fast to My covenant –
- 2. Why have we forgotten his Name?
- a. Have you noticed or wondered why sometimes LORD or GOD were in capital other times they were not?
i. Capital Letter LORD or GOD in bibles means that translators changed name
ii. From YHWH to LORD or GOD. Almost 7000 times (more specifically 6823 times), the translators changed YHWH to LORD or GOD
iii. Even the bible prefaces tell us that they changed the name of YHWH to LORD/GOD
- b. This is confusing. Are we talking about two different people LORD or GOD? Let us take a look at several verses. I am using KJV bible verses
i. Ezekiel 20:5 And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; In the day when I chose Israel, and lifted up mine hand unto the seed of the house of Jacob, and made myself known unto them in the land of Egypt, when I lifted up mine hand unto them, saying, I am the LORD your God;
ii. Judges 16:28 And Samson called unto the LORD, and said, O Lord GOD, remember me, I pray thee, and strengthen me, I pray thee, only this once, O God, that I may be at once avenged of the Philistines for my two eyes.
- 3. YHWH is clear that we will forget his name for Baal
- a. Scriptures that Support this
i. Jer 23:26 “Till when shall it be in the heart of the prophets? – the prophets of falsehood and prophets of the deceit of their own heart,
ii. Jer 23:27 who try to make My people forget My Name by their dreams which everyone relates to his neighbour, as their fathers forgot My Name for Baʽal.
- b. Strong’s Concordance H1167, בּעל, ba‛al, bah’-al (one of definition is Lord)
- From H1166; a master; hence a husband, or (figuratively) owner (often used with another noun in modifications of this latter sense: – + archer, + babbler, + bird, captain, chief man, + confederate, + have to do, + dreamer, those to whom it is due, + furious, those that are given to it, great, + hairy, he that hath it, have, + horseman, husband, lord, man, + married, master, person, + sworn, they of.
- 4. We must call YHWH’s name for salvation
- a. We are supposed to call on his name for salvation
i. Act 2:21 ‘And it shall be that everyone who calls on the Name of יהוה shall be saved.
ii. Joe 2:32 “And it shall be that everyone who calls on the Name of יהוה shall be delivered. For on Mount Tsiyon and in Yerushalayim there shall be an escape as יהוה has said, and among the survivors whom יהוה calls.
iii. Rom 10:13 For “everyone who calls on the Name of יהוה shall be saved.”
- b. Conclusion
i. Now that you know His Name, It is time to let us start using His Name: It is a Memorial forever, we need to call on His name to be saved, and it is His Name!
ii. We are to love His Name
- If you do not know his Name, how can you love Him?
iii. We need to know His Name to be saved!
Psalm 138:2 I bow myself toward Your set-apart Hĕḵal, And give thanks to Your Name For Your kindness and for Your truth; For You have made great Your Word, Your Name, above all.